Volunteers Needed for Sub-Committee Chair and Co-Chair Positions, Workroom Help, and Tiger Trackers!
We are currently filling positions for the 2021-2022 school year. If you are interested in any of the following, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Jog-A-Thon Event Coordinator: Work with the vendor and committee to organize our annual Jog-A-Thon
- Field Day: Plan and coordinate games and activities for this outdoor event that takes place in May
- Poway Parade: Plan and coordinate an entry for the Poway Days Parade (usually in September) for Valley
Co-Chairs to train to take over for the 2022-2023 school year
- Drama Club (year-round, but currently on hold)
- Family Dance Nights (late January)
In-School Volunteer Opportunities
On-campus volunteers need Megan’s Law clearance, TB test, and either a copy of vaccination card or proof of a negative test within 7 days of being on campus. Please note, volunteers are not allowed in classrooms at this time.
- Workroom Helpers: The Workroom is open and we are in need of volunteers to make copies for any/all teachers between the hours of 8:00-9:30am any day of the week. If you are available either short or long term, please email ValleyTigersPTA@gmail.com and list the days you are available (M-F). Copy machine training will be provided.
- Tiger Trackers: Get involved in your students' physical health by volunteering to scan badges at the Valley Tiger Trackers running club. Students run on Wednesdays during recess from 9am-11am. The schedule is flexible. You choose which Wednesdays work for you! The running club is super fun but cannot happen without volunteers to help! Please send an email with the subject Tigers Trackers Volunteer to Alicia at ValleyTigersPTA@gmail.com to sign up!
Students have a higher rate of success at school when their parents volunteer!
© Copyright 2015 Valley Elementary School
Valid TB Test Certificate
Megan's Law Form(Background)
- One time only for all PUSD Schools
Volunteer Code of Conduct Form
Sign up for Valley's Paw Prints (below) and an open event/chair/committee position (to the left)
Computer Sign in/out each time
Wear volunteer badge on campus
Please consider making a commitment of a few hours of your time during the next school year to volunteer to help with a Valley Elementary PTA program or fundraising event.
Volunteers make a difference! Volunteering is an excellent way to learn more about your child’s school and become better acquainted with staff, students and other parents. Valley Elementary PTA has a wide range of volunteer opportunities for parents and the community. For the sake of your children, Valley PTA would like you to challenge you to commit to 3 hours of your time to volunteer this school year.
(Please return these forms to the front office.)